Call for proposals to organize the 2023 IWA Resource Recovery Conference
The 5th edition of the IWA-RRC is coming up. Prospective organisers need to submit
a proposal via attachment by the 1 December 2021 to Ana Soares
(firstname.lastname@example.org); Korneel Rabaey (email@example.com) and Hong
Li (firstname.lastname@example.org). The following items need to be included in the proposal (max.
- Information about the organisers (including previous track record on conference
organisation, if any);
- Conference chairs overview and indication of possible support from water
utilities, commercial organisations and municipalities;
- Motivation for the organisation;
- Proposed venue (does not need to be location of organiser) (including
geographical area, accessibility and attractiveness);
- Proposed theme and topic areas;
- Proposed site visits;
- Preliminary programme in terms of days and sessions;
- Possible social programme;
- Proposed registration fees
After the deadline close, the RR cluster Conference Committee, consisting out of 5
members, will assess the proposals. The key selection criteria, each weighed at 20%,
- Location, in view of earlier meetings (geographical area, accessibility,
- Quality of programme (themes, sessions, duration, attention for industry
- Additional aspects creating uniqueness (additional aspects such as but not
limited to arts sessions, visits, events, motivation for organization)
- Capability of team to organize and host (experience in conference organisation,
gaining funding, relationship with topic, industry link)
- Cost (attention to YWP, developing countries, early bird/full)
Industry links are important for the IW- RRC as a diverse audience, implementation
and industrial case studies are an essential part of the conference.
The conference committee will make - within 2-3 weeks after the deadline - a
recommendation to the Cluster Steering Group, including a clear motivation for the
location choice. During this period the conference committee may contact applicants
for further clarification. The Steering Group subsequently assesses the
recommendation and can vote to maintain or alter after the recommendation of the
steering committee. Upon decision, the RR co-chairs (Ilje Pikaar and Olaf van der
Kolk) provides the outcome to the applicants including the motivation for positive or
negative outcome. This will be no later than the 20 Dec 2022.
The selected conference organisers will be expected to do a prepare a short video
describing their plans for the RRC2023 for dissemination is social media to announce
the Resource Recovery Conference 2023 organisers.
- Deadline for applications: 1 Dec 2021
- Decision will be made by mid December.
- Wining organization will be announced start of January 2022.
- Evaluation of applications focus on 5 criteria: Location, Quality of programme, Uniqueness, Capability to organize and host, and Costs